Calendula (Marigold)
Calendula or Marigold is my herb of choice for healing wounds. I had a mark on my leg caused by sun damage, at least that's what the consultant said for my fee of 150 euro. I used Calendula cream on it and it has almost disappeared. I will, of course, use sunscreen on that area, but I feel better about it now. So I will confidentially recommend its healing ability. The petals are also edible and brighten up a salad with their lovely sunshine colour. They are also anti-inflamatory. I like to make an infused oil with the flower heads. This can be used directly or made into a cream. A definite medicine cabinet standby.
o
Calendula or Marigold is my herb of choice for healing wounds. I had a mark on my leg caused by sun damage, at least that's what the consultant said for my fee of 150 euro. I used Calendula cream on it and it has almost disappeared. I will, of course, use sunscreen on that area, but I feel better about it now. So I will confidentially recommend its healing ability. The petals are also edible and brighten up a salad with their lovely sunshine colour. They are also anti-inflamatory. I like to make an infused oil with the flower heads. This can be used directly or made into a cream. A definite medicine cabinet standby.
No comments:
Post a Comment