This year I got a new sewing machine. I have not used one in over 30 years so I am really rusty. So far I have made a pinafore for my grand daughter Willow (4) and a dress for my granddaughter Lucy(3). They were passable but I cheated a little with the facings on the dress. I attached a complete bodice to make it easier. Now after some cushion covers and some alterations, I have tackled a dress again. With lots of patience and a fair amount of unpicking, plus some help from YouTube, I have successfully placed the facings on a square neckline. There is a lot more work to be done but I think I will get there. Meanwhile I completed knitting Willows long line cardigan and have started on Riley's (2) as they both live in Ireland and woollies will be needed for a while yet. Lucy and Will ( 10months) live in Florida. Senan(2) lives in Ireland too and this year I knit two warm sweaters for him. My two older grandchildren Ronan (12) and Brandon (8) got sweaters last year, so I have been a very busy Nana.
PS. Any advice from sewing experts would be really appreciated :)
PS. Any advice from sewing experts would be really appreciated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment